Place Category: Community
Gardenstown and Crovie are within the King Edward and Gamrie Community Council Area.
Community councils are voluntary bodies, which exist within a statutory framework, and which have been granted statutory rights of consultation. Community councils, unlike other community organisations, are statutorily included in the consultation process for all planning applications affecting their area. There are also specific powers in relation to licensing. Community councils represent the views of the community and take action to promote them. The Aberdeenshire Council website states that Community councils can carry out a variety of roles, including:
• helping with environmental projects
• organising local galas
• printing and distributing local newsletters
• representing community councils or other organisations
• providing lunch clubs for the elderly
• campaigning on local issues
• conducting local surveys
• organising public meetings on major development proposals or the local plan
• carrying out Planning for Real exercises Neighbourhood Initiative
Community councils are non-party-political and non-sectarian in their discussions and in their decision-making.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.