A beautiful two bedroom holiday home located in the centre of Gardenstown Harbour. With it’s own private terrace and balcony overlooking the harbour, there’s no better place to watch the sunset on a summer evening, or see the waves crashing over the harbour wall on a stormy winter night.
The Blue Hoose, situated in an enviable position in Gardenstown harbour, is a converted fisherman’s net store which was renovated in 2019 and finished to a high standard.
The building dates back to the early 18th Century as one of the village’s first buildings and has Historic Scotland listed building status.
The lower level is a double height space with views straight out into the harbour and access to the spacious outdoor terrace. There is outdoor seating, a BBQ and even a fishing rod for our guests to enjoy.
The open-plan living room is on the second level, also accessible from Harbour Road behind, which has a log-burning fireplace, a balcony, overlooking the harbour, and all the normal luxuries of a modern home, including Smart TV, free WiFi and a DVD player.
The bedrooms are on the upper level with the main bathroom. A double room overlooks the harbour to the north, a twin room looks south. Both bedrooms have ample storage and there is also a sofa-bed in the living room allowing the property to sleep 6. We have cots for babies available if required.
- Bed linen and towels are included.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms are fitted to every room and a fire extinguisher and fire blanket for your safety.
- We are dog friendly, please let us know in advance if you plan to bring your pet.
- Mobile reception in Gardenstown is generally poor (unless you are on the O2 network) hence the complimentary Wifi.
- Street parking is available right behind the house on Harbour Road.
- The house has central heating throughout and underfloor heating in the kitchen.
- We are also pleased to share that this property has a zero carbon energy footprint thanks to the use of electric central heating and the supply of renewable energy.